The APN is the port by which your phone makes wireless contact with the internet (just like you were using a pc). If your mobile data is not working, check the APN-settings or the data settings on your phone. If you are using Digicel network number in your phone and facing any internet related issues then you can follow the below steps to troubleshoot internet related problem by configuring Digicel APN internet settings.
How to Configure Digicel Tonga 4G APN Internet Settings
- Open mobile settings and find the mobile network menu.
- Now go to Access Point Names (APN) menu and create a new APN.
- Below is the Digicel network APN setting.
1. Visit the settings menu of your device
2. Click on Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
3. Go to the Add option, here it will display the APN setting field.
4. Enter in the ‘Name field – Digicel’ and ‘APN field – ‘web.digicelpacific.com’ & tap ‘OK’. Your APN has now been configured for mobile data access.
How to Troubleshoot Digicel Internet Problem
Your phone’s network settings can affect its network performance so it’s worth checking these things.
- Handset Data/Roaming Data: Check whether your handset data is switched on in the Mobile Settings. If you are in Roaming, please turn on the Roaming data.
- Network selection: check that your device is set to automatically select a network
- Network mode: make sure your device’s network mode is set to automatically switch between 2G, 3G, and 4G.
- For Android : Settings -> Mobile Network -> Preferred Network Type -> Select Prefer LTE
- For iOS : Settings -> Cellular -> Voice & Data -> Select 4G
- For Windows : Settings -> Cellular + Sim -> Highest Connection Speed – Select 4G
- APN : Make sure you’re using our Access Point Name (APN) settings for internet and MMS. APN should be web.digicelpacific.com (For iOS phones, APN setting is not required)