GPRS stands for General packet radio service, or GPRS is a wireless data service that enables you to send information between a mobile phone network. It is used for 2G/3G and 4G mobile phones for multimedia messaging, Internet access, and various applications. In the case of Airtel, if you are facing any kind of issue while accessing the internet using your Airtel SIM.
How to Request For Airtel GPRS Internet Setting by SMS
You can request for Airtel GPRS setting by sending an SMS type in the message “MO” and send it to 54321. In case, the SMS service doesn’t work then Airtel also provides an alternative way to get the GPRS setting. You can request online for Airtel GPRS settings, open the web address and enter your Airtel mobile number to process the request for the GPRS settings. You will get the settings via SMS on your Airtel mobile. Please save these settings as default settings and you are ready to start browsing! (GPRS service will be charged as per your bill plan. Please call 121 for further details.)
If you are no longer wish to do all, then you can manually configure APN settings in your mobile just by following the given steps.
How to Configure Airtel 4G APN Internet Settings
- Open mobile settings and find the mobile network menu.
- Now go to Access Point Names (APN) menu and create a new APN.
- Below is the Airtel network APN setting.
1. Visit the settings menu of your device
2. Click on Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
3. Go to the Add option, here it will display the APN setting field.
4. Enter in the ‘Name field – Airtel’ and ‘APN field – airtelgprs.com’ & tap ‘OK’. Your APN has now been configured for mobile data access.
How to Troubleshoot Airtel Internet Problem
Your phone’s network settings can affect its network performance so it’s worth checking these things.
- Handset Data/Roaming Data: Check whether your handset data is switched on in the Mobile Settings. If you are in Roaming, please turn on the Roaming data.
- Network selection: check that your device is set to automatically select a network
- Network mode: make sure your device’s network mode is set to automatically switch between 2G, 3G, and 4G.
- For Android : Settings -> Mobile Network -> Preferred Network Type -> Select Prefer LTE
- For iOS : Settings -> Cellular -> Voice & Data -> Select 4G
- For Windows : Settings -> Cellular + Sim -> Highest Connection Speed – Select 4G
- APN : Make sure you’re using our Access Point Name (APN) settings for internet and MMS. APN should be airtelgprs.com (For iOS phones, APN setting is not required)