Airtel could start 5G trial in the country in the upcoming 2-3 months but still, in the rural and few urban areas people are still using the 3G network. As people are getting attach towards 4G smartphone and technology. People who are still using 3G sim will also have to convert their Airtel SIM to 4G for good quality of network and internet speed. In order to upgrade your Airtel 3G SIM into 4G, you have two options to switch to 4G.
The first method is online and the second one is to switch to 4G by visiting the nearest Airtel store. This is the method, how you can switch to 4G.
- Request online for Airtel 4G SIM
- Visit the nearest Airtel Store to convert into 4G
How to Request Airtel 4G SIM Online
Airtel created an online portal through which Airtel customers can post a request to upgrade their 3G SIM into 4G. Open the URL and submit your Airtel contact & address related details. Once you have done all it will display a confirmation message.
How to Request Airtel 4G SIM via Airtel Store/Retailer Shop
- Visit the nearest Airtel store to your location and carrying out ID proof and Photo
- After visiting the store, ask executives that you want to upgrade your Airtel 3G SIM into 4G.
- The executive will complete the paperwork and give your new 4G SIM with the same mobile number.
- It will take 12-24 hours to start your new sim.