How to Port a Mobile SIM to another Network
MNP (Mobile Number Portability) is a service provided by every telecom operator. Under this service, you can transfer your mobile number to another network. Many people are using different network operator mobile sim. But in the telecom market, some network operator provides good service. So people want to port the sim because of the high cost of call and data or other services related to the existing network or any other reason for the port the sim.
But before porting your mobile number to another operator. Keep in mind that you are using that number from a minimum of 90 days to port your sim into another network. So let’s know what is the procedure to port your mobile number.
Document required while Porting your SIM.
- A passport size photo.
- Valid address proof or any Govt issued ID proof.
- Porting Code.
- For corporate connection, a NOC to port, duly signed and stamped by an authorized signatory of the company is required on the letterhead of the company
Steps to Port a Mobile SIM to another Network
Before porting your mobile number, you need to request from your mobile operator to port your mobile number. Just send an SMS “PORT <space> Mobile number” and send on 1900 to request for porting from your existing network. When you will send SMS, A UPC (Unique Porting Code) will receive on your mobile from your telecom network.
This is an important code that is used at the time, when you will fill the form to apply for porting your mobile number to another network. You can follow the below steps to successfully port your mobile number.
- Visit the nearest network operator store (Airtel-Idea-Bsnl-Telenor-Jio-any other) in which you want to port your sim.
- Now ask customer support executive after reaching on the store that you want to port your sim into their network.
- The support executive will complete all the formalities and ask you for the document and photo.
- Now pay the amount for porting service and they give you a new sim card.
- It will take 4 to 7 days to port your sim into the new network.
- Your previous network sim automatically Stop, now insert the new sim.
- Dial 59059 upon seeing signal bars in your handset for tele-verification.
- Airtel Family Share : Share your 3G/4G internet data with your family & friends
- Idea EasyShare : Share Idea Internet (Data, Voice & SMS) with friends & family
- All SIM Credit (Loan Number) USSD Codes (Airtel-Aircel-BSNL-Idea-Vodafone) Others
- All SIM Internet Balance Check Codes (Airtel-Aircel-BSNL-Idea-Vodafone) Others
- All SIM Balance Transfer USSD Codes (Airtel-Aircel-BSNL-Idea-Vodafone) Others